Local Sparks Privacy Statement
Your privacy and data security are important to us. This Privacy Statement provides you with detailed information about the protection of your personal data by Local Sparks.
As data controller, we are responsible for the collection and processing of your personal data relating to our activities. The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to inform you about what personal data we are processing, why we use those data, how long we keep them, what your rights are and how you can assert those rights.
1. Which of your personal data do we collect and use?
We collect and use your personal data to the extent necessary to carry out our activities and to ensure the high quality of our products and services.
- When you sign up for this platform, we will require you to provide personal data by completing a form. We will collect your name and email address to identify and communicate with you.
- For some services, we may collect the IP address in order to provide adequate service. This will be only used if there are issues e.g. to block an IP in case of an attack.
2. What we do with the data we gather
- We use your personal data to keep you informed about the program and your application to the challenge and/or accelerator.
- We may communicate with you by e-mail.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to unrelated third-parties.
- The names of members and conference delegates may be published on restricted parts of our platform that are only accessible to member and conference delegated. Other contact details will only be provided on our platform when you give us your consent.
- You may opt-out of receiving a chosen communication at any time by following the unsubscribe directions provided (if appropriate), by updating your contact preferences on our website or by contacting us (email or write to us at the address above).
- We will use your uploaded project information to share stories internally and to analyse the kinds of projects that are happening.
3. Legal basis of processing personal data
Personal data will only be used if these is a legal basis. We will only use your personal data if you give us your permission. This permission can be obtained in the following way:
- You have given us your consent;
- Your browser accepts functional and analytical cookies
4. How long do we keep your personal data?
We will not keep your personal data longer than necessary. The retention period depends on the purpose for which we have received or collected your data and any legal obligations to retain data. We will delete your personal data in 1 month after you have deleted your account. The upload project information will be kept.
If you have any question about this you can contact email@example.com
5. With whom do we exchange your personal data?
We do not exchange your personal data with third parties except for Mett. Mett has access to the website and can see your data for management and maintenance and/or security of the website. In order to protect your data, we have entered into a Data Processing Agreement with Mett.
6. Transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area
We will not transfer your personal data to a country outside the EEA. Should we pass on your data we will inform you and the following guarantees will be taken into account:
- Contractual model clauses approved by the European Commission or;
- Binding Corporate Rules
If you wish to receive a copy of these precautions, please send a written request to the e-mail address provided above.
7. What are your rights and how can you enforce them?
- Pursuant to the applicable regulations, you have the following rights:
- Right of access: you can obtain information about the processing of your personal data as well as a copy of those personal data;
- Right of rectification: if you believe that your personal data is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that those personal data be amended accordingly;
- Right of deletion: you may request to have us delete your personal data to the extent permitted by law;
- Right of objection: you can object to the processing of your personal data because of your specific situation.
- Right to withdraw your consent: if you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time;
- Right to data transfer: if applicable by law, you have the right to request the return of the personal data that you have provided to us or, if technically feasible, to have it passed on to a third party.
If you wish to exercise the above rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to the above rights, you have the right to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority under the applicable regulations.